So this Friday Favorites is a little late because I have been feeling very discouraged about blogging lately. But I did some instagram polls and apparently y’all still read these. So good because I have a TON of favorites to share.
- The first favorite I want to share is Femfetti. I have been so excited to work with them for my blog because they have been a brand I have admired FOREVER. I bought a ton of shirts that I will be featuring on my blog over the next couple weeks. And I have been constantly raving about them on instagram and I am sorry but they are really fun and the vibes I like. They have a ton of discounts too. Right now they are doing BOGO 40%. But then also you can use my code LINCOLN for an additional 15% off. So like discounts on discounts on discounts.
- I have not done a Friday Favorites in a while and since the last friday favorites Taylor Swift’s new album Lover has come out. I am really digging it. It is an hour and 2 minutes long which is exactly my ride to school everyday. I like the going forward outlook of this album, about letting go and being happy and content. Also why I like Happiness Begins by the Jonas Brothers. My favorites from Lover though after long consideration:
Cornelia Street (of course)
Death By A Thousand Cuts
A lot of the women I follow have started some amazing brands/ companies recently and so I wanted to talk about them.
3. Elana from Room 334 has started an AMAZING website which compiles a list of independent women owned businesses to support. It has become my go to for more brands to shop. But also there is a blog part where Elana interviews the women who run these stores. The interviews are really inspirational. I have been in a creative rut recently where I feel like all of this is pointless, but those interviews have really helped me pull through.
4. Another amazing woman named Ashley has opened an etsy shop The Golden Serpent. It is a shop for alternative fashion but there are a couple pieces that are alternative but can be styled vintage. They are very versatile.
5. I have also started doing a LOT more stuff blog related. I use my pinterest a lot more now. I have started using LiketoKnowIt to post my outfits on as well. LiketoKnowIt allows me to tag items and if they are out of stock I can tag similar ones. Also when you have a liketoknowit and you like my instagram photo you get a notification for that look. I have also started using 21 buttons as well. It is a little different from liketoknowit as it is the link to the direct item, but they have the opportunity to link ANY site rather than the limited ones that participate in liketoknowit. Both are really good and I do not have a preference so whichever you prefer.
So glad to be able to share these with you all. Thank you for continuing to encourage and support me with this blog. And hopefully next week I will have some awesome books for my favorites.
Until Next Time,
Labor Day Sales is my second favorite sale day because it is a whole weekend (Black Friday is of course the first). So here is a perfect condensed list of the sales my favorite stores are having.
Femfetti- I have been posting femfetti on my instagram a lot recently because I adore this site. I wanted to pick my favorites to feature here, but there are way too many. So check out the site. Femfetti is having 25% off sitewide (besides doormats) which is already applied to the prices and you can use my code LINCOLN for 15% more off which is awesome.
Modcloth- 30% off full price and an extra 40% off sale with code LABORYAY. They also have amazing new arrivals for fall.
Unique Vintage- 20% off sitewide with code goodbye.
Micheline Pitt- 20% off sitewide with code LABOROFLOVE
Pink Sunday Studio- 15% off siteworld with code LABORDAY15
Aerie- 40% off aerie collection
Smak Parlour- 20% off sitewide with code SB20
Pet Canva- 30% off sitewide with code BDAY
So go save!
Until Next Time,
L-R Splash Zone, Relay Race, Mamacita, Avenue
Currently they are having a sitewide sale for 25%, so these lipsticks are $5. I recently tried colourpop for the first time. I really love their lipsticks for the price. Splash Zone has become my favorite and my everday lipstick. It is a really good dupe for smashbox’s disorderly, which use to be my favorite. Relay Race is also a good day for Lolita by Kat Von D. Their lipsticks are really smooth and dry quickly. They also last all day. The only issue I have with them is that it is hard for the lipsticks to go on evenly. If you dip it in again it will create a line where it is darker in one area, so I use a lipstick brush to make sure it does. It also never comes off or budges. But overall for the price it is amazing!
This is a lipstick I do not wear enough, but it is a good backup. Goes on easily and stays on all day.
Pink Lady, Truffle
I somehow use to really love and live in Bite lipstick. Maybe I was 16 and emo? But I lived in truffle, makes no sense to me now at all. I hate pink Lady obviously. But truffle will be nice for October. It is another stay on all day lipstick. It comes in a crayon form which is so easy to apply. But it will REALLY dry your lips out.
I included the second picture so you can see how it looks outside as well. This lipstick was the one I have been using for the past year so any of my blog posts before last month were in this lipstick. I only stopped wearing it because the colourpop’s splash zone is a slight bit darker which I prefer. But this is the perfect vintage red lip to complete a look. Gorgeous lipstick that literally never comes off.
*I have tried and do own Kat Von D’s lipsticks but I do not wear them anymore. I do not support her.
So these are all the lipsticks that I have tried and kept in the past couple years.
I will be trying more and will keep updating y’all!
Until Next Time,
I have not done a Friday Favorites in a while but I am trying to get my life together and be positive so let’s discuss my favorite things this week.
- Taylor Swift’s new song Archer- I liked this new song from Taylor Swift. I have not liked the other singles that have come out so far. She has had me really on the fence lately, but she came through kind of with this single. It’s slow and nice to listen to in the car and only the car.
- Nathan For You- This is the funniest show I have ever seen in my life. It is on hulu. Honestly the best show ever. My neighbors probably think I am insane because this show has me hysterically laughing at 3 AM.
- Jenny O’dell’s How To Do Nothing- I have been going through it a lot lately and this book is really nice food for thought about what it means to be productive. Really recommend it.
- Colourpop’s lipstick sale– In honor of National Lipstick Day Monday July 29 (I’m so excited!) colourpop is having 40% off all their lipsticks.
- Unique Vintage Halloween Collection- I am so excited that Unique Vintage released their Halloween collection already. I am not even a Halloween person, but I am so excited for the clothes. They’re so fun. I cannot wait to style these this fall!
Check them out!
Until Next Time,
Exact Dress, Red Pumps, Hair Bow
I used so many of pictures from this shoot because I am obsessed so much with this outfit. All the shots are my favorite and I could not pick just one.
Okay so I was very nervous about wearing a baby doll dress with heels. I spent quite a while trying to figure out how to style this particular dress. Baby doll dresses are simple and easy to wear, I wear them on easy running errands days. It is not typical to style them with heels, even for me I wear flats on the standard days. But for this particular dress I think it works well with high heels. So I paired this dress with these red heels from DSW. I absolutely adore them! They take forever to break in and it is hard to walk on Savannah cobblestone, but that is the price for being taller. And of course I had to pair to do my standard pop of red with my black and white. The perfect way to style. Then this red hair bow from etsy to complete the look. A very simple and easy look.
This dress is from DressUp, an adorable and stylish boutique online and here in Savannah and multiple other locations across the South. Everything at DressUp is under $50, so it is perfect for college students on a budget. All their clothes are also really great quality, which is surprising for such an amazing price. This particular dress is super comfortable as well and they have a lot of choices for different baby doll dresses.
I have the exact products in this post linked above, but I have also started using Like2Know.It to link similar products along with exact in case it is sold out or you want some options.
So here is the link to my L2K post for this particular outfit.
Until Next Time,
Target has the most perfect summer dresses! Honestly over the past couple years, Target’s clothing has gotten better and better. This year’s summer arrivals did not disappoint. I recently got a ton of new dresses from them, so I will be featuring those on my blog.
This particular one is AMAZING for summer. Super quick and easy to wear. The perfect dress for the beach and summers in Savannah. It is classy and hits at the knee too. This was my simple outfit for a day of errands that I paired with my basic flats.
Target also has free 2 day shipping, so I got my clothes super quick. All dresses right now are 20% off too and they have so many great options. Here are my favorite picks of target dresses!
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
All photos on this post were taken by the lovely Calvin and edited by me.
Until Next Time,
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
One of my favorite stores for retro/ pinup style clothing will be closing May 7th, which is absolutely heartbreaking. They have the best selection of clothing as well as accessories (I get the majority of my hair scarves from them.) But they are closing and so they are having their closing sale. Everything is 35% off with using code farewell35.
I will be really splurging with this sale and so I wanted to share my favorites! I will be buying many of these, so you’ll see them on my blog soon!
Until Next Time,